The Dalaran Ministry of Intelligence serves a two-fold purpose for the Magus Senate. The first is to provide us with IC knowledge that takes place within the game storyline, which allows us to know things that the average person wouldn't necessary know about, as well as to bring IC fanon information to the Senate that we then respond to. The second purpose is to provide content via in-game information gathering, covert operation events, and any other such duties as they may relate.
This article is part of a series on
Magus Senate of Dalaran · Dalaran Chancellery · Dalaran Ministry of Foreign Affairs · Dalaran Ministry of the Interior · Dalaran Ministry of War · Dalaran Ministry of Intelligence · Dalaran Guard · Dalaran Navy · Kirin Tor · Sunreavers · Silver Covenant · Council of Six · Magocracy of Dalaran
|See also, Dalaran Organizations|
Founded as the Violet Eye to spy on the Guardians of Tirisfal, the organization eventually grew to conduct clandestine operations around the world. Today, the Ministry of Intelligence has a wide breadth of responsibility, from investigating uses of dark magic, to securing the interests of the Magocracy of Dalaran no matter what they may be. The Ministry of Intelligence is the primary intelligence agency of the Magocracy of Dalaran. The Ministry of Intelligence openly employs every legal type of spellcaster and combatant necessary to successfully carry out its mission.
Mission EditThe Ministry of Intelligence, under the auspices of the Magus Senate, works to further the interests of the Magocracy by performing necessary espionage on foreign soil. The Kirin Tor has a more narrow focus, specifically on counteracting the misuse of dark magic on Azeroth, as well as undertaking any missions that are of interest to the Magocracy. The Eye is tasked with ensuring public security for Dalaran and its territories through foreign intelligence gathering, operations, investigating and apprehending rogue spellcasters, as well as investigating breaches of and enforcing the Forbidden Magics Act. The Ministry openly employs every legal type of spellcaster and combatant necessary to carry out the successful apprehension of highly dangerous magical users. Wings of the Ministry of Intelligence:
- Minister's Office
- Military Attache’s Office - Acts as the liaison between the Ministry of War and Interior to ensure consistent communication.
- Policy & Legislative Affairs - Tasked with working with the Senate to produce pertinent legislation for the proper functioning of the Ministry, which is included but not limited to the important task of identifying which spells are unsafe to use and should be forbidden or regulated, as well as detailing what those regulations should be, if applicable, and translating that into legislation to be put before the Senate.
Intelligence & Analysis Edit
- Cryptanalysis - Analyzes and decrypts codes, runes, and other encrypted messages as required by the Ministry.
- Dark Scryers - Scryers who utilize the Darksight Protocol, among other tools, to locate use of forbidden magic or regulated magic without a writ, along with the individuals or groups responsible for such use.
- Reconnaissance Office - This office handles intelligence gathering on people of interest in order to provide Intelligence agents and the Ministry with adequate information before any action is taken in order to provide optimal conditions for target acquisition or elimination. This Office may work with the Ministry of Intelligence as needed depending on the scope of the assignment and target in question.
- Counterintelligence Division - Tasked with preventing individuals, non-state actors, and/or foreign intelligence agencies from successfully gathering and collecting intelligence from within the Magocracy of Dalaran.
- Command Center - The central hub from which all intelligence operations are conducted, ensuring seamless coordination.
- Dark Hunter Office - This office coordinates individuals that are called in to handle particularly dangerous targets.
- Portal Nexus - A fortified central hub that allows agents to be deployed at various locations around the world.
- Training Facilities
- Magitech Office - Small research and development division specifically tasked with providing tools and resources to intelligence agents to assist in their assignments.
- Background and Psychological Evaluations Office - Tasked with performing background and psychological evaluations on anyone as requested, whether for employment by the Ministry or elsewhere in the Kirin Tor.
Standalone Wings Edit
- The Vault - A temporary holding facility for any objects acquired during missions before transference to the appropriate Department or Ministry, if not destroyed.
- Interrogation Rooms - Several chambers used for the interrogation of acquired targets for information before being released or charged and sent to the Violet Hold.
- Neverland - Undisclosed to the public, Neverland is a place where the Ministry of Intelligence keeps its most dangerous prisoners, off the grid far away from Dalaran. In fact, Neverland is not a single place, but a network of Ministry black sites spread across Azeroth where the Ministry detains and interrogates highly dangerous magical users who are perceived as an active threat to the world. All black sites are equipped with cells that have memory erasure runes, allowing for quick and effective wipes of detainees’ memories with minimal security risk. Additionally, all black sites have no reference to the Kirin Tor, and its employees do not wear identification of any kind.