Highlord is a title in many faction's military. Several orders use this as the rank of the leader, these orders include the Order of the Silver Hand, the Scarlet Crusade, and the Argent Crusade. The Alliance remnants of Lordaeron was also under the command and leadership of a Highlord known as Othmar Garithos. The Knights of the Ebon Blade were also originally under the leadership of a Highlord until the rise of an unnamed Deathlord within their ranks, who has taken command.
The rank of Highlord also denotes a senior member or prominent commander in the following orders:
Militarised Highlords typically hold the Army rank equivalent of anything from Brigadier to a General, depending on one's seniority. By conjunction, any Highlords serving with the Navy will commonly hold the rank of Commodore and higher. Most naval Paladins will be denoted the rank equivalent of Lieutenant, however.
Known Highlords (NPCS) Edit
- Highlord Tirion Fordring (Highlord of the Argent Crusade; deceased)
- Highlord Othmar Garithos (Highlord of the Alliance Remnants of Lordaeron; deceased)
- Highlord Kruul (Field Commander of the Burning Legion's Azeroth Offensive)
- Highlord Leoric Von Zeldig (7th Legion; joined the Silver Hand and relocated to Sanctum of Light upon Tirion Fordring's death, no longer has the Highlord title in his name)
- Highlord Bolvar Fordragon (Kingdom of Stormwind; the Lich King)
- Highlord Mastrogonde (Twilight's Hammer; deceased)
- Highlord Taelan Fordring (Highlord of the Scarlet Crusade; deceased)
- Highlord Alexandros Mograine (Highlord of the Silver Hand; deceased)
- Highlord Darion Mograine (Highlord of the Knights of the Ebon Blade; technically deceased)
- Highlord Demitrian (Twilight's Hammer)
- Highlord Omokk (Temporary leader of the Spirestone Clan, deceased)