|The Arcanic Conclave|
Ashen Sun Accord
The Arcanic Conclave is a monthly meeting of the heads or representatives of the various mage-bodies of the Alliance. Together, the group serves as a forum for mutual cooperation, discussion, and a place to facilitate roleplay. ICly, the Conclave may vote on non-binding resolutions, akin to the U.N. General Assembly.
Each ICly constituted magical organization/group gets one vote as a whole, to be exercised by its leader or representative.
- The Arcanic Conclave shall be a monthly meeting of the invited heads, or their representatives, of the various magical factions, organizations, and bodies of the Alliance. It shall be a body to both discuss issues relating to magic, and to serve as a forum for cooperation and producing non-binding resolutions.
- Members of the various respective magical organizations whose representative attends the Conclave may attend as well, but may not vote.
- The members of the Conclave shall be equal in standing, and shall have one vote each.
- Unaligned magi may elect one (1) representative, who shall have one vote.
- The Conclave shall be moderated by a Speaker, who shall be the Chancellor of the Magus Senate, or his designee, but shall have no other authority than to host the Conclave and moderate the discussion.
- There shall be a Deputy Speaker, to be elected by the Conclave every three months.
- The Agenda for the Conclave shall be set prior to the meeting, followed by open business.
- The Conclave shall meet once a month on the second Saturday of the month, or as otherwise decided by the Conclave.
- Each member of the Conclave may submit a matter for discussion prior to the meeting to the Speaker, who shall add it to the agenda.
- All members of the Conclave may raise any issue at the end during open business, provided there is time.
- Matters raised should have a rational nexus to magic.
- The Conclave shall begin with remarks by the Speaker, who shall then recognize members of the Conclave to speak in accordance with the agenda.
- The Speaker may end discussion on any matter for time.
- All matters put to vote shall first be motioned by a member, and seconded by another, to be considered.
- The Speaker, or a simple majority vote of the Conclave, may censure any member for speaking out of turn or otherwise causing a disturbance.
- Membership in the Conclave shall be by invitation.
- Organizations that qualify for membership must be regularly constituted.
- Magi who do not belong to magical organizations may be invited, but will only be granted non-voting observer status.
- Any member may bring a matter to vote, resulting in a non-binding resolution, requiring a simple majority vote.
- Members of the Conclave may enter into binding resolutions among themselves, but doing so shall not bind non-Parties to those resolutions.
- Resolutions may only relate to matters of magic, and shall not overrule the law of each member’s respective State.
- Where there is such a conflict, such member shall be excused from the Resolution.
- All members of the Conclave shall promote magical information sharing between members of the Conclave.
- All members of the Conclave are forbidden from revealing membership details, discussions, decisions, and votes to those individuals who are not members of the Conclave.
- A violation of Secrecy shall be cause for trial and dismissal from the Conclave.